The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
GTS’s First Aid at Work e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online first-aid training and go on to achieve the level 3 award in first aid at work (RQF) or first aid at work at SCQF level 6.
This e-learning course can replace 1 day of the 3-day first aid at work (RQF) course or first aid at work at SCQF level 6 course that are run through recognised GTS Qualifications centres. This e-learning also covers other practical areas of the course, such as CPR, so is great for reinforcing competency and refresher training.
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recognising and assisting a choking casualty
- Managing a casualty – external bleeding and shock
- Managing a casualty – minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with injuries to their bones
- Administering first aid to a casualty with head and spinal injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with burns or eye injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning or anaphylaxis
- Administering first aid to a casualty with a major illness
Who is it aimed at?
The course is ideal for any employee or manager who wishes to become a first-aider in the workplace.
No prior knowledge needed
4 – 5 hours
How It Works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the GTS Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive a GTS e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
Why Choose GTS E-learning?
We make the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for your learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
Try Our Courses
We’re happy to let our course speak for itself. Click on ‘Try our Courses’ you will then be asked to enter your details. Once you have entered your details you will be re-directed to a demo account.
How to Purchase
To ensure that course licences are sent to the right account, you will need to create and sign into your GTS e-learning account to purchase online.
If you already have an account, then please sign in below. If not, click on Create New Account to set up a new one.
You can also call us on 0131 516 3148.
We provide price breaks on this e-learning course based on the total number of licences you purchase. To discuss what discounts are available, please contact us on the number below.
Course licences can be purchased online or over the phone by calling us on 0131 516 3148..
To ensure that course licences are sent to the right account, you will need to sign in to your GTS e-learning account to purchase online.
If you already have an account then please sign in below, if you do not then click on Create new account to set up a new one.